Lately, in December of 2012, Congress authorized a procedure that reinstated a tax credit for putting in particular HVAC units. This legislation was granted as part of the round of legislation that was authorized to stay away from the “Fiscal Cliff”. The 25C tax discount allows homeowners to claim up to $500 in tax obligation credits if they install units that comply with certain demands. Your qualified AC repair specialist could aid you to pick the proper devices for installation to guarantee that you apply for this discount.
The rebate uses to those facilities installed from January 1, 2012 to the end of 2013. If you already put up a new heater check to see if you qualify.
In order to qualify for this refund systems installed have to fulfill the following requirements:.
1. Split heating and central air systems: At the very least 16 Seasonal Energy Performance Proportion (SEER) and 13 Power Performance Proportion (EER) score.
2. Packaged central air conditioning conditioners: At the very least 14 SEER and 12 EER.
3. Exterior air source heat pumps: A minimum of 15 SEER and 12.5 EER and 8.5 heating period efficiency element (HSPF).
4. Packaged heating pump systems: At the very least 14 SEER and 12 EER and 8 HSPF.
5. Furnace: Organic gas, propane or oil AFUE 95 % or higher.
SO, if your heating system, heat pump or a/c is in need of replacement, now is the time to do it. You could obtain a new, efficient system set up and Uncle Sam will certainly pony up for part of the cost. Not only will you save cash on the new setup, you will certainly conserve money in fuel and electric cost as a result of the greater effectiveness of your HVAC system. The brand-new unit will likely require much less maintenance and repair and will certainly have the higher longevity and integrity of a brand-new HVAC device. Plus the heater upgrade will certainly add to the convenience of your house as well as it’s worth.
To confirm that this tax obligation credit will apply to you, you must contact your tax consultant. When you are all set to upgrade, give us a call, tell us you are interested in the tax obligation discount and we can insure that the units we set up will qualify. Our trained technicians are experienced at exactly what they do. The heater and/or a/c will be skillfully set up to the highest specs.